Pearl Couscous Beetroot Salad (V)

At my work is now widely known that I eat healthy and have a blog full of delicious recipes. In that context, I was chatting with a colleague and she told me about pearl couscous. I had never heard of it so she took some with her for me so I could try. It really looks like little pearls and is really delicious! It has a very different structure compared to regular couscous and it also takes longer to cook and needs more water. It is similar in texture and taste to pasta and as you know I really like pasta, so perfect! It is made from durum wheat, not quite according to what I normally eat, but occasionally I don't find this a problem.

I had cooked beetroot in the fridge and I bought some carrots and beans to go with it and put a tasty summer salad on the table.


Duration: 15 minutes

The ingredients for 1 serving:

  • 75 g pearl couscous
  • 100 g cooked beetroot
  • 100 g beans
  • 100 g carrots
  • 50 g feta cheese
  • 1 tbs pumpkin seeds
  • extra virgin olive oil

What you do:
  1. Cut the carrot into slices and cook together with pearl couscous for about 12-13 minutes in water with some salt. Meanwhile, cut the ends of the beans, cut them in half and cook 7-8 minutes in the same pan as the couscous and carrots. 
  2. Meanwhile, cut the beetroot into pieces and the feta cheese into cubes. 
  3. Mix with a little bit of extra virgin olive oil when the couscous and carrots are tender and serve with the pumpkin seeds sprinkled over it.




Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment