Smoked Chicken Salad

Tonight I'm having dinner at my parents: fish with rice and rosti-circles. Yeah what a combo I know, but Grandma comes to eat and she finds this very tasty. So I decided to make a big salad for lunch so I get my daily portion of 300 grams of vegetables. Of course, it's stated that you need to eat 200 grams of vegetables each day, but I believe that if you really want a healthy life this number should be higher, and I always try to eat at least 300 grams of vegetables a day.

How do I do this? Well first of all by often eating a big salad for lunch. But also by afternoon snacking on tomatoes, carrots and paprika. I also use a lot of extra veggies in my dinners. Even if I make a recipe from a cookbook I put more vegetables in it. Delicious!

But now on to today's delicious lunch salad.



Duration: 10 minutes

The ingredients for 1 serving:

  • 75 g lettuce
  • 150 g beans
  • 100 gr tomatoes
  • 1/4 cucumber
  • 2 carrots
  • about 100 g smoked chicken
  • 1 ts capers
For the dressing:
  • 1 heaped tbs organic mayonnaise
  • 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 tbs white wine vinegar
  • pepper

What you do:
  1. Cut the ends of the beans, cut them in half and cook 6-8 minutes in lightly salted water. 
  2. In the meantime, tear the lettuce and place it on a large plate. Cut the tomatoes into quarters (I have used a mix of cherry tomatoes and tasty tomatoes), the cucumber into pieces and grate the carrot. Put all of this on top of the lettuce. 
  3. Cut the smoked chicken into slices and mix the ingredients for the dressing to a smooth and fluid whole. 
  4. Drain the beans and put on the lettuce. Put the chicken slices on top, drizzle with the dressing and 1 tablespoon capers.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment