Refreshing Green Iced Tea

Finally the sun then reappeared in the Netherlands! Of course we are all very happy, and fortunately I was able to work from home today. That means I get up just as early, but I'm also done on time which means I can relax on my balcony with some magazines, fresh fruit and homemade iced tea. So I made a can this morning!

I drank it in this beautiful quilted mason jar of 500ml available at www.masonmadness.com.




The recipe for 1 liter:The ingredients:


  • 1 liter boiling water
  • 2 green tea bags
  • 1/2 lemon
  • Optional: spoonful of sugar and fresh mint leaves

What you do:
  1. Boil 1 liter of water in your kettle and let it cool for a couple of minutes (for green tea the water must be 80 degrees Celsius. At 100 degrees Celsius, you burn the tea and you get a bitter taste). 
  2. Put the tea bags and let it sit for 5 minutes. Add the juice of half a lemon and possibly some lemon slices, depending on your taste! Add a little bit of cold water and maybe a little sugar if you have a sweet tooth and let the tea cool in the fridge. 
  3. Serve extra cold with ice cubes and maybe some fresh mint leaves

Enjoy!



2 comments: