Carrot Soup (V)

Time for soup! Usually if a need carrots in a dish I only get 2 or 3 at the market. But this week he only had bags so I figure well why not I will think of something to do with the rest of the carrots. So eventually I decided to make a carrot soup with it. It was delicious! I made it somewhat thicker but if you don't like this just add some more water and put it in your blender.


Duration: 20 minutes

The ingredients for 1 serving:

  • 6 carrots
  • 1 small red onion
  • 3 garlic cloves
  • 2 cm grated ginger
  • 1 vegetable stock cube
  • 0.5 liter boiling water
  • 1 tbs sweet paprika powder
  • 1 ts cumin
  • olive oil
  • salt & pepper

What you do:
  1. Cut the onion and slice the garlic cloves. Put a (soup)pan on medium heat and heat up a good splash of olive oil. Add the onion, ginger and garlic and sauté until soft for about 4 to 5 minutes. Meanwhile slice up the carrots. 
  2. Then add the stock cube, water and sliced carrots. Bring to a boil and leave to simmer on low to medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes until te carrots are soft. 
  3. Get the pan off the heat and puree with a 'hand mixer' or if you want a little less thick soup blend in your blender. Put the pan back on the heat, stir in the paprika powder and ground cumin and season with salt & pepper.
  4. Optional: Serve with some fresh parsley and a slice of spelt bread.


Enjoy!

  Do you want to make me later or share me with your friends? “PIN” me to PINTEREST or “SHARE” me on FACEBOOK, using the social media icons below (in the gray frame)!

No comments:

Post a Comment