Stewed Pangasius Fillet with Cauliflower Puree

The cauliflower was on sale this week. Normally I eat this when I eat at my grandma's but I haven't been there in a while because I'm super busy finishing my PhD so I thought why not make a cauliflower dish myself! So I decided to make a puree and serve it with pangasius fillet. Stewing the fish is absolutely amazing! All the flavors are absorbed by the fish and it gets really tender, so perfect!


Duration: 30 minutes

The ingredients for the fish:
  • 1 frozen pangasius fillet
  • 1 sweet pointed pepper
  • 1 white onion
  • 100 g green beans
  • 1 tomato
  • 1 chicken stock cube
  • 1 tbs almond flakes
  • Olive oil
  • Salt & pepper


The ingredients for the cauliflower puree:
  • 1/2 head cauliflower
  • Splash of unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 garlic clove
  • salt & pepper
  • 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
  • Some fresh parsley 
     
What you do:
  1. Boil 2 liter water in your kettle. Cut the onion, paprika and tomato into cubes and cook for 5 minutes in a large frying pan on medium heat with 1 tbs olive oil. 
  2. Meanwhile cut the cauliflower into florets, put in a pan with about 1 liter boiling water, just make sure they are all under water and cook for about 10 to 12 minutes until tender. 
  3. After 5 minutes, crumble the stock cube over the paprika mixture and add 1 liter boiling water. Give it a good stir, add salt & pepper and then put the frozen Pangasius fillet in the pan, bring to a boil and then leave to simmer on low heat with the lit on the pan to stew for 20 minutes. Clean the beans and add to the pan after 10 minutes.
  4. Drain the cauliflower when it's done, cut into smaller pieces and put in your blender with the rest of the ingredients except the parsley. Blend until it is somewhat more smooth but there are still some small cauliflower chunks. Put into a bowl and garnish with fresh parsley.
  5. When the fish is almost done, quickly roast the almond flakes until golden brown.
  6. When the fish is cooked and tender put it on your plate and top with the vegetables and almond flakes. Serve with the cauliflower.

Enjoy!

  Do you want to make me later or share me with your friends? “PIN” me to PINTEREST or “SHARE” me on FACEBOOK, using the social media icons below (in the gray frame)!

 You can also follow me on FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM! Follow the buttons at the top in the right side bar! 

No comments:

Post a Comment