Pasta with Broccoli in Tomato-Cream-Sauce

My refrigerator broke down last week but today a new one was finally installed! And it's bigger than the one I had before so I finally have some room and can find things in it! So I'm very happy. Tonight I tried out a new pasta recipe because I had some soy cream left over from last week's Creamy Mushroom Pasta and I didn't want to throw it away so I figured why not make a creamy tomato sauce. And since the broccoli was on sale I just added these so I had a relatively cheap meal! Always watching my budget ;)




Duration: 15 minutes

The ingredients:

  • 75 g spelt pasta
  • 1 chicken breast filet
  • 150 g broccoli
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 1 can tomato cubes (400 g)
  • 5 anchovy fillets
  • 5 sprigs fresh thyme
  • good splash of soy cream
  • Grated Parmesan cheese
  • pepper and salt
  • olive oil

What you do:
  1. Cook the pasta as directed on the package. Heat up 1 tbs of olive oil in a frying pan, add the crushed garlic clove and finely chopped anchovy fillets and cook on low heat for 2 minutes. 
  2. Quickly cut the chicken into small cubes, heat up another tablespoon of olive oil in another frying pan and bake the chicken golden brown and cooked in 6 minutes on medium to high heat. 
  3. Add the can of tomatoes to the pan with anchovy, add the leaves of the thyme sprigs and give it a good stir and let the sauce thicken on low heat. 
  4. Cut the broccoli into florets and cook along with the pasta during the last 5 minutes of the pasta's cooking time. 
  5. When the sauce has the right consistency, turn of the heat and stir in the soy cream. Drain the pasta an broccoli and add to the sauce. Make sure everything is covered in sauce and serve with some grated Parmesan cheese on top.


Enjoy!

  Do you want to make me later or share me with your friends? “PIN” me to PINTEREST or “SHARE” me on FACEBOOK, using the social media icons below (in the gray frame)!

No comments:

Post a Comment