Homemade Granola

On Sunday's I always like to do my meal prepping for the upcoming week. So today I want to share with you my favorite part, making my own granola! Of course it's easier and less time consuming to buy it at your local organic store, but I really prefer mine and I think you will too!

This granola is perfect with yoghurt, in your smoothie bowl or to top your parfait. But you can also eat it like cereal with milk and then of course preferable soy/rice/almond/coconut milk.


Duration: 25 minutes

The ingredients: 

  • 150 gr oat flakes
  • 100 gr buckwheat flakes, rye flakes or spelt flakes (your choice!)
  • 60 gr almonds
  • 40 gr hazelnuts 
  • 40 gr pecans
  • 30 gr sunflower seeds
  • 30 gr pumpkin seeds
  • 2 tablespoons flaxseed
  • 3 tablespoons agave syrup
  • 4 tablespoons of flaxseed oil
  • 50 gr dried cranberries
  • 2 tablespoons coconut grater

Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees of Celsius
  2. Mix the oat flakes with the buckwheat or other  flakes and 3 tablespoons of agave syrup in a large bowl until everything is covered with agave syrup.
  3. Spread the mixture out on a baking sheet with grease proof paper and put in the oven for 5 minutes.
  4. Meanwhile, crush all the nuts into smaller pieces with your mortar and mix with the seeds.
  5. After the 5 minutes, get the baking sheet out of the oven and add the nuts and seeds to the flakes and mix well! Cover everything with 4 tablespoons of flaxseed oil and put back into the oven for another 10-15 minutes. Stir halfway and check after 10 minutes whether it's done and the flakes are golden brown.
  6. Cool down and put in an airtight jar and your homemade granola is ready! Preservable for about 2 weeks.

Enjoy!



Do you want to make me later or share me with your friends? “PIN” me to PINTEREST or “SHARE” me on FACEBOOK, using the social media icons below (in the gray frame)!

No comments:

Post a Comment