Breakfast Recipe: Banana-Apple Oatmeal

For breakfast I really like to have oatmeal! So I wanted to share with you my favorite combination. Of course, making oatmeal takes a little bit longer than a simple yoghurt or slice of bread for breakfast but my trick on working days is that I cook the oatmeal and when it's time to let the oats soak for about 10 minutes I jump into the shower and my breakfast is done when I'm finished!





Duration: 15 minutes

Amount of servings: 1

The ingredients:
  • 200 ml unsweetened almond milk
  • 60 gr oatmeal
  • 1 apple
  • 1 banana
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • small handful of hazelnuts (about 6 grams)
  • handful sunflower seeds (about 6 grams)
  • 1 tablespoon flaxseeds

Directions:
  1. Put the almond milk and oatmeal in a saucepan and cook for about 5 minutes.
  2. Meanwhile slice up the apple and banana into small pieces and put 3/4 of the apple, 2/3 of the banana and the cinnamon in the saucepan with the oatmeal (after approximately 2 minutes).
  3. After 5 minutes, turn of the heat and let it soak for about 10 minutes (and jump into the shower).
  4. Crush the hazelnuts, put the oatmeal in a bowl, top off will the rest of the apple and banana, the crushed hazelnuts, sunflower seeds and flaxseeds.

 Enjoy this delicious breakfast! 

 

Do you want to make me later or share me with your friends? “PIN” me to PINTEREST or “SHARE” me on FACEBOOK, using the social media icons below (in the gray frame)!  

1 comment:

  1. I usually don't like to have oatmeal. I don't like its taste. But if the breakfast is like that I can finish the whole bowl myself. Thank you dear for sharing this good recipe. Sorry about my English, It is not my native language.
    (^_^)

    Regards,
    Finn Felton
    Kopi Luwak

    ReplyDelete