Green Pesto Chicken Pasta Salad

First I didn't want to post yesterday's pasta salad recipe because I already posted my red pesto pasta salad 2 weeks ago and it is really similar. But I got a lot of positive reactions on Instagram so here it is! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did and if you have ideas for more pasta salads I can prep the day before so I can eat them on my way back home from work please leave a comment and maybe I will make your recipe next week!


Scroll down for the Dutch recipe

English recipe:


Duration: 15 minuten

The ingredients for 1 serving:
  • 50 g spelt pasta 
  • 2 tbs homemade green pesto
  • Large handful of arugula 
  • 8 cherry tomatoes 
  • 75 g smoked chicken 
  • 150 g green beans 
  • 2 tbs grated Parmesan cheese 
  • Extra virgin olive oil

What you do:
  1. Clean the beans and cut off the ends. Cook together with the pasta for 10 minutes. I always do this the day before while I make my dinner for that day because I usually take my pasta salad with me to work so I can eat in during my train ride back home. In that way I eat around half past 6 or 6 oƧlock and I can workout without any trouble. 
  2. While the pasta and beans are cooking I make the pesto. Look here for instructions. 
  3. Also cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters, the smoked chicken into cubes and grate the Parmesan cheese. 
  4. Drain the pasta and beans and stir in a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil directly after you drained it so the pasta doesn't stick together. Allow to cool and then mix with the pesto, vegetables, chicken and arugula. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and store in refrigerator.

Enjoy!

 

Follow Healthy Living in Heels on FacebookInstagramTwitterPinterestBloglovin or Google+

  Do you want to make me later or share me with your friends? “PIN” me to PINTEREST or “SHARE” me on FACEBOOK, using the social media icons below (in the gray frame)!

................................................................................................................

Nederlands recept - Groene Pesto Kip Pasta Salade:


Tijd: 15 minuten

De ingrediƫnten voor 1 portie:
  • 50 g spelt pasta
  • 2 el Zelfgemaakte groene pesto
  • Flinke handvol rucola
  • 8 cherrytomaatjes
  • 75 g gerookte kip
  • 150 g sperziebonen
  • 2 el geraspte Parmezaanse kaas
  • Extra vierge olijfolie
Bereiding:
  1. Maak de boontjes schoon en snijd de uiteinden eraf. Kook samen met de pasta gedurende 10 minuten. Ik doe dit altijd de dag ervoor terwijl ik mijn avondeten voor die dag maak omdat ik mijn pasta salade meestal meeneem naar het werk zodat ik deze in de trein terug naar huis kan eten. Zo eet ik gewoon rond half 6, 6 uur en kan ik om half 8 sporten zonder last te krijgen van mijn buik. 
  2. Maak ondertussen de pesto. Kijk hier voor instructies. 
  3. Snijd ook de cherrytomaatjes in vieren, de gerookte kip in blokjes en rasp de Parmezaanse kaas.
  4. Giet de pasta en boontjes af en roer er direct een eetlepel extra vierge olijfolie doorheen zodat de pasta niet aan elkaar gaat plakken. Laat het geheel afkoelen en meng dan met de pesto en de groenten, kip en rucola. Strooi er wat Parmezaanse kaas over en bewaar in de koelkast. 

Eet smakelijk!


 Volg Healthy Living in Heels ook op FacebookInstagramTwitterPinterestBloglovin of Google+!

Wil je dit recept later maken of delen met je vrienden? “PIN” me dan op PINTEREST of “SHARE” dit recept op FACEBOOK door gebruik te maken van de sociale media icoontjes hieronder (in het grijze kader)!

2 comments:

  1. These days, it is good that many businesses and individuals prefer to use janitorial and cleaning supplies that are environment friendly. There are many green cleaning products offered in the market these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Protein is essential for weight loss because it builds muscle, and the more muscle you have the more calories you burn. What happens when you try to lose weight without eating protein?the venus factor review

    ReplyDelete