Review: Jamie's 15 Minute Meals

When you think about clean eating this book of Jamie Oliver is probably not the first thing you think about. But, that's not completely justified. Basically all sauces are made by himself and he always advocates the use of organic products.


What I really like about the book is that Jamie worked together with Laura Parr who is a nutrition expert and they made sure that all the dishes are healthy and that there is a good balance between carbs, fruit and vegetables, dairy products and proteins with the occasional treat because it's not a diet book but a cookbook. They even included a list at the end of the book in which the calories, amount of fat, sugar and proteins are specified.



The book is divided into nine chapters with recipes of which 3 chapters are all about beef, pork and lamb. So no I don't cook a lot of things from these sections as I don't eat these type of foods, but why not replace the pork with chicken?! You need to be a little creative but there are also great ideas in this section so for me it's no problem at all! The other sections: chicken, fish, pasta, soup & sandwiches, vegetables and breakfast are a very good fit with clean eating! I'm especially a fan of the chicken section. It contains recipes with lots of flavors from different areas of the world so I love it! Of course he uses in general white pasta, flour and rice but you simply replace this with a whole wheat variant. As a bonus the pictures are absolutely amazing and make you want to eat the whole dish straight away! They look like you're on a dinner table and I love that he uses all sorts of dishes and wooden chopping boards. This makes the pictures come alive and make you feel at home.



So on to the name: 15 minute meals. Does it actually take 15 minutes to make the meals? Yes, some do and if you make them more often you get quicker and quicker. But in general you spend about 20 to max 25 minutes in the kitchen. But I get how he thinks so now I usually only spend 15 minutes so that's perfect after a long working day. You are basically just multitasking during cooking and for me it works. The way the recipes are written is ideal! It's very organized and if you want to leave one part of the dish out you can see in one instant which ingredients you don't have to get because for each part of the recipe there is a separate ingredient section in the margin. The recipes are written in such as way that you can follow each step without having to think about what to do next. Everything is perfectly timed even if you're not that great of a cook.
All recipes are in my opinion easy accessible and relatively cheap if you have all the herbs and spices in your pantry and that's what we all want right!

So what else to say? Nothing much, just that I love this book and that it's a great source of inspiration for me and all recipes are very good combined with a busy workweek and can also be easily converted into single person servings. I've made a lot of recipes from this book so I listed them below.

Oh and yes, I mark my cookbooks with postits for recipes I still want to make and recipes I have made and want to make again.

  Who of you also like this cookbook? I'm curious and love to hear your opinions!


List of some of the recipes I've made:
Healthy & Heavenly Grilled Cheese
Grilled Chicken with Couscous and Tzatziki
San Fran Quinoa Salad
Chicken Dim Sum with vegetables
Crab Bolognese
Grilled Tuna on a Green Salad
Bulgur Chicken Salad
Chicken Tikka
Mexican Chicken with Vegetables in Broth
Tuna Salsa Verde

Of course I will start this new aspect of the book with the cookbook of which I've made the most recipes so far! Jamie Oliver is a great inspiration for me so I will start with Jamie's 15 Minute Meals.


Soon online! - See more at: http://healthylivinginheels.blogspot.nl/p/book-reviews.html#sthash.nRow6CNm.dpuf
Of course I will start this new aspect of the book with the cookbook of which I've made the most recipes so far! Jamie Oliver is a great inspiration for me so I will start with Jamie's 15 Minute Meals.


Soon online! - See more at: http://healthylivinginheels.blogspot.nl/p/book-reviews.html#sthash.nRow6CNm.dpuf
Of course I will start this new aspect of the book with the cookbook of which I've made the most recipes so far! Jamie Oliver is a great inspiration for me so I will start with Jamie's 15 Minute Meals.


Soon online! - See more at: http://healthylivinginheels.blogspot.nl/p/book-reviews.html#sthash.nRow6CNm.dpuf

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this book! made about 25 of the recepies, none of whith was a mistake. Indeed, the first time you need more time, but when you are a bit more experienced 20-25 min. is absolutely enough to get your tasty, healthy meal on the table. This book made me a Jamie worshiper.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. pay per click programs are really great, i could earn some decent cash from it` mremeals.pw

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am trying to invent my this link but i can't do https://carkitsolution.com/best-car-headlight-cleaner-review/

    ReplyDelete