Whitebait Tajine without a Tajine with Couscous

This recipe is based on a recipe from one of my favorite cookbooks: Jamie in 15 minutes. Especially when I first started cooking healthy and clean I have made a lot of dishes from this book. In the meantime my tastes has changed so now other dishes also look very appealing and as I didn't have any inspiration for what I was goint to eat this week I got my book and looked for recipes that I haven't made yet. So this week you will have a few passing by;) and we start with this delicious dish! Of course I changed some things but it was very tasty.



The recipe for 4 persons:

Duration: 12 minutes


The ingredients

  • 250 g (spelt) couscous
  • 4 plaice fillets, without skin and bones
  • 700 g passata (di pomodoro)
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • 1 large onion
  • 1 large sweet paprika
  • 3 carrots
  • 3 ts harissa
  • 2 anchovy fillets 
  • Saffron 
  • 1 lemon 
  • Few mint leaves 
  • 4 tbs Greek yogurt 
  • Salt & Pepper 
  • Olive oil 
  • Optional: 1 handful of mixed olives with kernel (I do not like olives but they are called in the original recipe)

What you do:
  1. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add 2 crushed garlic cloves and 1 chopped onion. After 2 minutes, stir in 2 teaspoons harissa, the anchovies, the passata, chopped paprika, thinly sliced carrots (use a peeler) and optionally the olives. Also stir in the juice of half a lemon. 
  2. Let the saffron soak in a layer of boiling water. Sprinkle the fillets with salt and pepper, roll them up, put them in the sauce and sprinkle the saffron over it. Put the lid on the pan and cook 8 minutes over medium-high heat until the fish is cooked. 
  3. Meanwhile, cook the couscous as directed on the packaging, but also add the juice of half a lemon in the wells. 
  4. Put the Greek yoghurt in a small bowl and stirr in 1 teaspoon of harissa. Sprinkle freshly torn mint over the couscous and the fish and serve with the yogurt.



Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Easy and quick recipe.Good recipe details. Thanks you.Its an interesting and delicious looking.Thanks a lot.You have an excellent blog, thanks for all of your hard work and cooking inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made some first rate points there. I appeared on the web for the problem and found most individuals will associate with along with your website webstagram

    ReplyDelete
  3. This written piece gives fastidious understanding yet.It’s amazing in support of me to truly have a web site that is valuable meant for my knowledge
    Rehab insurance Georgia

    ReplyDelete