Mozzarella Salad

Time for a new salad! Yesterday, my father installed their old five-burner stove in my kitchen. I'm super happy with this! So it had to be used straight away! Namely to grill the leftovers of the eggplant afor in my salad today. Not the most exciting type of cooking, but okay. This week, the stove will also not be used that often because today it's my Grandma's birthday, so I'm going to eat there. And Tuesday, Thursday and Friday I will eat leftovers from the freezer. Why? Point 1: to reduce costs; my laptop is broken and needs to be replaced. Point 2: My freezer really needs to be defrosted and before that I need to eat the containers in it.



Duration: 15 minutes

The ingredients for 1 serving:
  • 1 head mini romaine lettuce
  • 1/3 egg plant 
  • 8 cherry tomatoes 
  • 1/2 cucumber
  • 3/4 mozzarella
  • 1 tbs roasted pine nuts
  • dressing: 2 tbs extra vierge olive oil and 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
  • Olive oil
  • Pepper & Salt

What you do:
  1. Cut the eggplant into thin (but not too thin) slices. Put on your work surface and cover with a thin layer of olive oil and salt and pepper on both sides. Put a grill pan over high heat and when the pan is hot grill your eggplant for about 5 minutes per side. Beware that it does not burn and turn around before they are black. 
  2. Meanwhile, cut all the other ingredients and toast the pine nuts. Mix the dressing in a small bowl and add all together if you're going to eat.

Enjoy!

1 comment: