Restaurant Koetjes & Kalfjes

Yesterday I had dinner at the restaurant Koetjes & Kalfjes in Amsterdam after a succesfull PhD meeting (the end is in sight!).



You might wonder why I post a review of this restaurant on my blog? First, I really loved the food. And no, the restaurant is not known as a super healthy, organic restaurant with a perfect fit to 'clean eating'. But they do use solely fresh products. It is a place where many business people come for lunch, a drink or dinnerThe restaurant was nice decorated but personally I missed a bit of a cozy atmosphere but we did have fun!



Luuk and I both had the Chef's Special of the day: A tender piece of veal served on a bed of green and white asparagus with potato croquettes, and a slice of quiche. And honestly, this was the finest piece of meat that I have eaten in a while! You didn't have to use a knife as it was so very tender. Pepijn chose a rack of lamb, and he was also very pleased.


Of course, we had a nice bottle of wine and the dessert made it a perfect dinner! Of course I chose the 'Chocolate Delight'. Tasty, but very filling! Service was good and only for the piece of meat I would definitely go back here again if I'm having dinner after a meeting at the University.

No comments:

Post a Comment