Tuna Salad Sandwich

Just bought the new cooking book from Jamie Oliver: Save With Jamie! I love his books and recipes. They are such a great source of inspiration for me!! I always make my own tuna salad because I like to know what's in my food and store bought tuna salad contain lots of food additives. So I combined aspects of my tuna salad with the one from Jamie's new cooking book and it's amazing! And healthy!


Ingredients for 2-4 tuna sandwiches:

  • 1 can of tuna chunks in water (185 g)
  • 1 small red onion
  • 1 small pickle
  • 1-2 tbs white wine vinegar
  • 2 tbs quark
  • Pepper & Salt to taste
  • Slice(s) of toasted spelt bread
  • Some fresh lettuce leaves
  • Cucumber Slices

What you do:
  1. Chop the onion and pickle in small pieces. Put the onion in a small bowl with the white wine vinegar (to take away the strong onion flavor). 
  2. Drain the tuna, mash in a bowl with a fork, add the onion and pickle and the quark and mix well. Add Salt and Pepper to taste. 
  3. Put the slices of cucumber and lettuce on a bread and put the tuna salad on top.

Variation tip: Add some grated cheese to the tuna salad or some tomato slices on the bread.

2 comments:

  1. Your blogs are easily accessible and quite enlightening so keep doing the amazing work guys.
    Drug addiction Atlanta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! It was really a wonderful blog. Thanks for the provided information.
    rehab Georgia

    ReplyDelete