Superb Spinach Smoothie

Up till now I only posted one smoothie recipe: the strawberry smoothie! So it was about time I posted another one. I had some leftover spinach and a lot of pears and bananas since these were on sale so I decided to put them all together in a smoothie after my workout and it was absolutely delicious!!! Didn't expect this at all because the idea of spinach in my smoothie just didn't seem right. But it was perfect! It's the perfect post workout smoothie due to the added quark, but if you want a dairy free version just omit it. You can also have it as breakfast!


The ingredients for 1 smoothie:
  • 1 banana
  • 1 pear
  • handful spinach
  • 1 tbs coconut grater
  • 1/2 tbs chia seeds
  • splash of water
  • 2-3 tbs quark or (greek) yoghurt
  • And on top: some linseeds, chia seeds, coconut grater, pumpkin seeds and 1 crushed pecan

What you do:
Just mix all the ingredients, expect for the ones on top, in your blender until smooth. If it's too thick just add some more water. Poor it into a glass, top with the linseeds, chia seeds, coconut grater, pumpkin seeds and crushed pecan and this delicious superb spinach smoothie is ready!

Enjoy!

2 comments: